Patrick Obahiagbon is a well know Nigeria politicians and legal practitioner... he is popularly know with his big big grammers. According to Nigerian university scholarships, here is a compilation of the top 50 Jaw breaking words ever used by the grammarian and their meanings:
WORDS AND MEANING
1. Gargantuan –extremely large
2. Bugaboo – an object of fear
3. Pooh-pooh – Dismiss as being foolish or impractical
4.Perfidy – deceitful or untrustworthy
5. Repugnant – extremely distasteful and unacceptable
6. Insalubrious – unwholesome and unhealthy
7. Odoriferous – having an odor.
8. Sardonic – Scornfully mournful or cynical
9. Lugubrious – mournful, sad, dismal
10. Obfuscate – To make something less clear and more difficult to understand.
11. Cascading – a large amount of something hanging down
12. Malodorous – smelling very unpleasant
13. Termagant – a woman who is very strict and who tries to tell people to do things in an unpleasant
14. Paraplegic – A person who suffers from paraplegia
15. Crinkum-crankum – Elaborate or detailed (archaic)
16. Empyrean – literary relating to Heaven
17. Conundrum – A confusing problem or question that is too difficult to solve
18. Alacrit – great willingness or enthusiasm
19. Tinge– to add a small amount of color to something
20. Braggadocio – Boost full or arrogant behavior
21. Megalomania – a mental illness or condition in which somebody has an exaggerated belief in their own importance or power.
22. Mendacious – Not telling the truth
23. Mores – the customs of a society
24. Rosicrucian – a member of a secretive society concerned in the study of metaphysical, mystical and alchemical lore.
25. Hierophants – A person especially a priest who interprets sacred or esoteric mysteries
26. Objurgates – rare and severe
27. Indubitable – impossible to doubt and unquestionable
28. Egregious – Outstandingly bad and shocking.
29. Vaudeville – a type of entertainment popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries,that includes singing,dancing
30. Audacious – lacking respect, impudent
31. Ratiocination– The forming of judgment by a process of logical reason
32. Ballyhoo – extravagant publicity
33. Quagmire – a complex or difficult situations
34. Phantasmagoria – a sequence of imaginary images
35. Plummeted – to fall from a high level or position
36. Sui Generis – Unique
37. Ferocious – Fierce, cruel or violent.
38. Miasma – an unpleasant smell
39.Apotheosis – the highest point in the development of something
40. Excrescence – an unattractive or superfluous feature
41. Mobocracy – rule or domination by the masses
42. Proclivities – An inclination or predisposition
43. Kakistocracy – Government under the control of a nation’s worst or least qualified citizens
44. Lampoon – public satire or ridicule
45. Déjà vu – a feeling of having already experienced the present situation(FRENCH)
46. Recumbent – Inactive, Idle.
47. Terminus – The end of something
48. Perfidy – The act of violating a promise, faith or vow
49. Mephistophelean – wicked
50. Jiggery-pokery – Tricky, misrepresentation and manipulation.